The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Clinical Invest Technician collects specimens ordered for patients and deliver them to the laboratory for processing.
- To identify potential patients in the clinics and on the in-patient floors, to draw blood samples from these patients from either a peripheral vein or a central line, and following the marrow and blood sample algorithms established by the Department.
- To ensure prompt arrival at various laboratories for bone marrow and blood specimens from the patients. Specimens would be obtained both at the diagnosis and in remission, and therefore would need to follow-up patients after completion of induction therapy.
- Follow-up would include noting the patients' clinical status and obtaining samples for various labs at the time of the patients' follow-up visit.
- Packages samples for shipping, identifies appropriate carrier, arranges for shipping, handles dry ice.
Supply and Inventory
- Manage inventory, supplies, shipping containers, air bill, labels, and contact information.
- Reorder and restock supplies from central laboratory according to protocol study.
- Restock general supplies for laboratory draw room and maintain medical equipment (e.g. ECG machines, holter monitors)
- Maintain Clinic File, including new patient accrual and registration to dummy files.
- Responsible for collection, cataloging and distribution of laboratory specimens for various clinical protocols and projects.
- Assist other department employees with clinical studies and/or various work assignments when help is requested or as schedule permits.
- Will use the computer via the keyboard to access patient data and computerized databases.
- Performs general duties as directed by supervisor.
- Walks from one area of hospital to another to deliver and pick up information, mail and laboratory samples weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Make photocopies of documents using copy machine as necessary and/or requested by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of phlebotomy experience. Additional education may substitute for up to two years of the required experience on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
US Dollar (USD) 33,200
US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 49,800