The Application Database System Programmer requires knowledge of one or more Database products (Adabas, Natural, Datacom, IDMS, Oracle, Supra, and IMS). The Database System Program must be able to support Database Software from a systems’ standpoint from the ground up. Expert level knowledge of installing, maintaining, monitoring and tuning Database subsystems on the mainframe is required. This associate must have an expert knowledge of different Database utilities and third-party products for these database types. This Systems Programmer must be able to ensure the environment is properly backed up, documented and supported. The ability to apply new software versions and releases, ongoing maintenance levels and emergency fixes is required. This associate must also be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with clients. This associate must also be able to support Disaster Recovery exercises and procedures as well as be able to handle multiple, complex tasks and establish priorities on an ongoing basis.
The Database System Specific tasks include:
• Keeping version, release and maintenance levels current.
• Monitoring and reporting on Database subsystems as to performance and reliability.
• Identifying, resolving and preventing Database subsystem problems.
• Design and implement database backup and recovery strategies.
• Provide professional guidance as to Database subsystem implementation and use.
• Working with the customer to plan and implement all changes.
• Working with the customer on Database Changes for new resources.
Specific knowledge requirements:
• Expert Database system software knowledge
• z/OS, z/VM or Z/VSE operating system knowledge
• Expert knowledge in the use of Database Utilities for the specified database types
• SMP/E and ServerPac knowledge is required
• DB2 Data Sharing expertise
• Database connectivity methods including all the various JDBC drivers
• Z/Linux administrator skills preferred but not required
• Programming languages, specifically JAVA, C and C++ are helpful.
A minimum of 5-years Database System Programmer experience is strongly desired based on ability to fit the requirements.
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation
, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status , or genetic information.