This position manages the Graduation Department within the Registrar’s Office and oversees degree awarding, spring commencement preparation, and a team of graduation staff. The Assistant Registrar for Graduation reports to the Associate Registrar and represents the Registrar’s Office on University committees, task forces, and in meetings.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, project management, and team-building experience, excellent written and oral communication skills, proficiency with Banner or other student information systems, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to troubleshoot and research problems and challenges regarding student graduation.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree and two years professional experience in a related discipline or a combination of education and experience totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Creative thinker who is willing to challenge norms.
- Proven track record of increased responsibilities.
- Proven experience in successfully managing teams and individuals, assessing employee performance, and mentoring direct reports.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experience working with complex data.
- Experience learning and using a proprietary system or database, such as Banner, People Soft, SalesForce, etc.
- Knowledge of university program and degree structure.
- Knowledge of graduation requirements.
- Experience using Banner (as an employee).
- Experience with awarding diplomas.
Must be able to perform normal office duties. Consistently sitting as with an office environment. Use of fine-hand manipulation associated with the use of a computer.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range $43,400 to $54,250