Responsible for the achievement of corporate sales objectives and the development of all personnel within a respective region. Controls, directs and coordinates all corporate sales strategies and the development of personnel required to ensure achievement of regional objectives.
Plans, directs, implements, and oversees Sales Representative policies and activities for a specific geographical region by performing the following duties:
Ensure marketing plans and strategies are implemented effectively resulting in achievement of sales forecasts for assigned districts.
Provide assistance in recruiting, coaching and training as needed.
Routinely report and monitor status of personnel and products in assigned districts.
Evaluate and submit recommendations on performance and salary reviews to VP of Sales and Marketing.
Acts as company liaison between corporate office and field sales reps.
Attend and participate in meetings as requested by management.
Review implementation of sales plan on quarterly basis to ensure objectives are being achieved.
Continually review assigned region to analyze methods to obtain additional business.
Implement all dimensions of marketing strategies on regional level through effective management of all resources in order to meet quarterly and yearly company sales objectives.
Counsel and coach sales reps to overcome performance deficiencies.
Implement performance improvement plans or termination activities when necessary in conjunction with HR. Communicates expectations and standard of performance.
Plan and conduct POA meetings in accordance with National marketing plans and programs.
Interact with managed care and national accounts to coordinate selling efforts.
Submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
Supervise, manage and oversee all sales representatives in appointed region
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
Three to five years experience as pharmaceutical representative with proven track record in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, understanding of medical field, etc.
Previous sales leadership experience preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
1. Relationship Building (builds rapport, leverages relationships, influencing ability)
2. Driving Results (accepts responsibility for outcomes and holds themselves and team accountable)
3. Business Acumen (alignment of Region plan to business objectives, analyzing/diagnosing ability)
4. Coaching and Development (identifying and developing talent, providing feedback)
5. Manages Performance (sets and manages goals, communicates expectations, evaluates performance)
6. Supporting Regulatory Environment
7. Marketplace Awareness (understands external business environment/conditions, includes managed care acumen)
8. Communicates Effectively (communicates in an effective way and adjusts based on the audience)
9. Fosters Collaboration (works with well with others to accomplish goals, encourages and recognizes teamwork)
Other Job Components
Excessive travel required
May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Work is from home.No office is provided by company.