Making a career move is a big decision. At ditech, we have one of the industry’s most well-known brands. And while we’re committed to providing our customers with an exceptional experience, we believe that our employees deserve a great work environment, where they can grow, learn and achieve their professional dreams. Professional, friendly and encouraging; we are a fast-paced, fun place to work, learn and develop your skills. You’ll be creating a promising career for yourself and have the opportunity to earn a good living while helping our customers achieve an important life goal, homeownership.
The Assignment Service Rep is responsible for providing superior service to our customers, clients and / or third parties through diligent research and generation of assignments of mortgage / deeds of trust, allonges / endorsements, affidavits, and / or substitution of trustee documents for foreclosure, bankruptcy, lien release and / or service release accounts.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Review and execute assignments, allonges, affidavits, on a daily basis in accordance to specific policies and procedures.
- Research recorded mortgage related documents and title reports to verify chain of assignments.
- Research and complete Note endorsements / allonges.
- Research, track and report outstanding third party requests.
- Document the current status of outstanding requests via servicing system and designated database.
- Communicate the current status of outstanding requests to the requestor.
- Work with customers and / or third parties to obtain documents required to complete requests.
- Research MERS MIN issues to complete assignments and / or escalate for review.
- Update the MERS online system.
- Complete quality assurance checks on prepared assignments.
- Scan and index completed assignments and / or Note endorsements / allonges including back-up documentation /. research.
- Verify and mail checks with assignments to specific counties for recording based on policies and procedures.
- Mail assignments as requested to the regions and / or third parties.
- Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with customers, county offices, title companies, custodians, service vendors, and other departments critical to achieving objectives.
- Maintain accurate production tracking records.
- Complete other job responsibilities as requested by management.
- Education: High school degree or equivalent required.
o 3+ years’ experience in mortgage servicing or originations.
o Prior mortgage document preparation, including title experience preferred.
o Prior experience with Collateral documents
o Strong knowledge of mortgage documents and the ability to read title reports preferred.
o Knowledge of MERS
o Strong research skills
o Ability to multi-task, stay organized and pay attention to details
o Excellent follow-up skills
o Ability to problem-solve
o Ability to research and assemble timelines based on research findings
o Analytical skills
o Able to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Ability to work in a team setting and / or independently
o Ability to accurately type 35 – 40 words per minute
o Strong PC skills including proficiency in Word and Excel
o Commissioned Notary Public is a plus
o Knowledge of Mortgage Collateral documents
o Meet company and departmental attendance policies
o Capable of handling oneself in a professional manner at all times
o Ability to work individually or in a team environment
o Be accountable for work and actions
Conditions of Work:
- Use of a computer for long periods of time, including typing and viewing monitor
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to left boxes up to 35 pounds
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.
Ditech Holding Corporation (“DHC”), Ditech Financial LLC (“Ditech”) and Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (“RMS”) and their affiliates are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process or if you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please contact email@example.com.