At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
**** THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS (CURRENT IPL EMPLOYEES) ONLY ****
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY OR SUBMIT YO UR RESUME FOR THIS POSITION IF:
You are a current employee of AES Corporation, Dayton Power & Light Company, or another AES affiliate or subsidiary company except IPL.
You are NOT a current employee of any of the AES organizations listed above.
IF THIS POSITION OPENS TO THE PUBLIC, then you will need to submit your application and resume during the external candidate application process.
POSITION: AUXILIARY OPERATOR (1)
REQUISITION NUMBER: R1039802
UNION: IBEW PHYSICAL UNION
COMPANY-WIDE BID GROUP ( BEGIN DATE: 11/12/2018 ) (END DATE: 11/20/2018 )
LOCATION: HARDING STREET
ORGANIZATION: POWER SUPPLY / HS GENERATION
HOW TO APPLY (ALL IPL WORK LOCATIONS):
1. You must contact the Internal Job Application Line (Extension 5031) between the dates listed above to apply for this position.
2. You must complete a Job Bid Questionnaire/Applicant Data Sheet form that is available on the AES US intranet "TheGrid" (or the IPL intranet) under "HR Info" tab,
and email your completed " JOB BID QUESTIONNAIRE TO jbq@AES.COM
The due date for submitting your Job Bid Questionnaire/Applicant Data Sheet is MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2018 .
A high school diploma or GED is required with an understanding of mechanics and machinery. Must have a high degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude. Must pass the EEI POSS Test and the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). An understanding of basic math and elementary chemistry is preferred. All other general qualifications relative to physical fitness, safety record, attendance and punctuality will be considered in the evaluation. The applicant must be willing to devote time and study toward self-improvement.
Additional consideration will be given for the following job-related training or experience:
1. Previous operating experience;
2. Advanced education or special training; and
3. Any other qualifications contributing to the applicant’s ability to perform the job.
PRIMARY DUTIES :
Works as a rotating shift operator on roving assignment; assists the control room operators in duties pertaining to the operation of two or more boiler-turbine units and their auxiliaries.
Performs such duties as:
1. Assisting control room operators in placing the units in service and/or removing them from service; observing and inspecting the operation of the units, their auxiliaries and the coal handling system during the operation;
2. Operating all isolated equipment such as ash disposal, soot blowing, slag removing, screens, pumps, fans, pulverizers, heat exchangers, etc.; blowing down water columns, water wall headers and drums as directed; troubleshooting equipment problems to enter a work request for repair;
3. Monitoring the SO3 injection system and observing and inspecting the operation of cooling towers, as applicable;
4. Changing charts, taking readings, and keeping operating logs and records according to a pre-assigned schedule; cleaning, oiling, and greasing equipment; assisting other operators as directed; preparing to advance to the next job in the line of progression.
Performs other work as circumstances may require.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Generally, plant atmosphere of heat, dirt, noise and fumes. Some outdoor work in various types of weather.
YOU MUST NOTIFY YOUR TEAM LEADER BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
THIS NOTICE IS TO BE REMOVED BY AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.