This individual will be an interactive team member and primary support for the Senior Vice President (SVP) with additional general support to the Real Estate Market Research Department. This individual is responsible for intercepting and resolving or escalating, and tracking all communication directed to the SVP. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and updating portions of pdSiteLink (Real Estate Lifecycle software) for project coordination and Store locations.
o Exercise independent judgment and personal initiative in performing responsible and difficult technical, specialized, and complex administrative and secretarial work of a confidential nature. Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the SVP to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to and handled in a manner to minimize the effect of his/her absence. Act as liaison between other executives and staff in matters involving his/her office, including meetings, documentation, and activities requiring authorized action.
o Manage correspondence between departments under SVP umbrella (Market Research, Property Management, Store Facilities) and work effectively with other Executive Assistants and support the team when necessary to streamline departmental workflow and communications.
o Screen communications to the SVP and this department, including telephone calls, e-mail messages and mail.
o Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the SVP to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to other Property Development team members in a timely manner.
o Act as liaison between other executives and associates in matters involving his/her office.
o Using independent judgment to facilitate communication from landlords, brokers and associates to appropriate Property Development team members for resolution / assistance (landlord complaints, employee inquiries and vendor inquiries, etc.).
o Track and monitor CER (Capital Expenditures) approval process through multiple divisions within the company.
o Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, and itinerary planning, and meeting coordination.
o Coordinate internal and external meetings, conferences, and teleconferences including various lunch meetings.
o Process invoices and expenses for the department.
o Coordinate & design conference brochures
o Receive and distribute incoming mail.
o Provide document services (file, copy and scan).
o Manage the SVP schedule and calendar; arrange meetings, conference calls and appointments.
o Maintain records and files related material of a highly confidential nature (i.e. working files, contract files, leases, and department personnel files).
- Support to the Market Research Department
o Create and maintain files for newly-approved sites, including all correspondence and minutes from the Real Estate Committee meetings. Update new store files and PdSiteLink accordingly. This includes handling of very sensitive information including Legal documents, Real Estate committee comments and correspondence between Real Estate Executives and Landlords.
o Conduct research, assemble data, and analyze information to prepare reports and documents from outside sources for new store sites under consideration. Information to include maps, aerial photographs, site plans, demographics, traffic studies, and competition new store openings. Includes Internet research or other research methods in order to obtain the pertinent information. Ability to determine what information is deemed necessary for each project.
o Monitor Zip Code Survey in order to determine when each store survey is complete. Contact the manager if the survey is not being completed accurately at the registers.
o Site Submissions – Assist in the assembly of Site Submissions for new development sites, and distribute to relevant departments and Real Estate Committee members. Some research involved in preparing documents for the committee.
o Accurately perform updates in pdSiteLink with attention to detail and making any necessary corrections. Quality control and Process improvement within pdSiteLink is a critical function to maintain data integrity and increase functionality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Planning & Organization
- Technical Competence
- Process Improvement
- Quality of Work skills
- 5 years of executive support experience, preferably supporting an executive at a SVP or above.
- Advanced grammar, vocabulary and editing skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced skills with Excel
- Excellent PowerPoint and Publisher capabilities.
- Strong Organizational skills and track record of developing efficiencies related, but not limited to project coordination, paper/e-file management, meeting preparation, scheduling/itinerary management and day-to-day office and responsibilities.
- Excellent time management skills, forecasting and demonstrated ability to be proactive.
- Strong sense of urgency with a demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple urgent priorities, adapt to changing priorities, and drive all tasks to completion.
- Proven experience communicating professionally and effectively (both verbally and written) with senior level internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to think critically, problem solve, and provide a high level of customer service.
- Proven track record of following up, in a timely manner and where appropriate.
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams as well as complete assignments with minimum direction.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, high-energy, demanding, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support to a senior level executive.
- Ability to handle proprietary Company information on a strictly confidential basis
- Ability to learn custom Real Estate software programs such as pdSiteLink, MapInfo or others.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Basic budgeting theories and principles; basic mathematical computations, accounting and record keeping skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Notary Public preferred
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.