We are seeking a self-motivated person who enjoys the variety of opportunities available in engineering consulting. Critical thinking, strong problem solving skills, Positive client interaction and a thorough understanding of construction are essential to candidate success.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Perform construction management oversight and administration on water and wastewater construction projects.
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
- Develop scope, schedule and budget for construction management projects
- Oversee project quality assurance, budget management, and constructability reviews.
- Oversee project staff, including field inspectors, office support staff and testing subconsultants.
- Ensure compliance for all construction team members with company’s and client’s health and safety training requirements.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in required project and client meetings.
- Provide construction site reviews which may include daily site inspections to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, standards, and codes.
- Be familiar with the project plans and specifications for enforcement of their requirements.
- Coordinate and resolve issues in the field with clients/owners, design engineers, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate and approve Contractor pay applications, including coordination with the Owner. May include independent verification of pay quantities.
- Evaluate and make reccommnedations to Owner regarding contract changes.
- Prepare daily reports documenting weather, equipment, manpower, and construction activities, and daily progress photos, as well as monthly progress reports for project stakeholders.
- Review, evaluate and monitor contractor's schedule.
- Lead and / or assist with commissioning, testing, and start-up. Perform project closeout including acceptance for substantial and final completion.
- Help mentor, and provide direction for less experienced staff.
- BS Degree in Construction Management or Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical, etc.) or related field preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 6 years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the construction administration of municipal water and wastewater facilities. Previous construction manager responsibility desired
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices involved with major public works projects
- Candidate will have strong verbal/written communication skills and ability to work well both independently and on a team
- Candidate must have a current and valid driving license and good driving record
- Knowledge of standard professional software such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.