Company Overview300+ media companies as clients, $40+ billion in revenue processed, 25,000+ worldwide users
Operativeaccelerates revenue growth for the biggest and most successful media companies, making it easy for them to deliver any audience and any outcome to their buyers. Operativegives media companies the power of an open, data-driven and highly configurable architecture that works across all linear, digital, and cross media and converged deals, thanks to the recently released AOS platform. A trusted partner to top global media, more than 300 companies across 25 countries, including NBCUniversal, ABC, AT&T, STARZ, Star India, and Sky, rely on Operative. More than $40B in ad revenue is managed through our platform annually. Operative: your solution for Automating Advertising.
The Vice President, Sales Engineering will be responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing all strategic pre-sales activities and outcomes that align with Operative’s vision, mission and strategic plans. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer and as a key part of the revenue leadership team, this person should have a strong background in partnering with cross functional stakeholders, scaling teams, and driving revenue.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team in gathering prospect requirements, recommending product fit, and demonstrating solutions, and scoping implementation projects.
- Scale team across new/existing segments, products, and countries.
- Participate in account planning and strategy development. Own the technical relationship with customers and prospects.
- Work cross functionally inside Operative and externally to define products and use cases.
- Communicate customer voice to R&D leadership, driving product prioritization and roadmap docs.
- Serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Engage with Operative senior/executive leadership to ensure business unit objectives are met.
- Develop and allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and backup team members as needed to grow regional business.
- As a hands-on leader, actively work with team members to solve difficult problems and coordinate corporate/external resources, when required.
- Drive strategic initiatives and programs as needed and actively support the team's career development and advancement.
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps, as well as represent the team's needs to Operative's executive staff.
- Direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle.
QUALIFICATION & DESIRED SKILL SETS
- Exemplary and influential thinker, communicator in linear and digital pre-sales, a thoughtful leader who gains acceptance of others in sensitive situations across all channels, mediums, and cultures.
- Expertise in digital ad tech o Sales tools, ad serving, creative QA, campaign management, and billing
- Expertise in linear sales, traffic, and billing
- Understanding of programmatic ad sales and technologies (DSPs/SSPs)
- Understanding of software implementation best practices
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility building, scaling and leading complex multi-product pre-sales organizations.
- Experience leading a team of SEs or industry experts.
- Strong coaching skills around value selling and value-based demoing
- Presents flawlessly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- Exemplary communication skills inside and outside of Operative.
- Preferred experience in industry related applications and customer base.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Company.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of Operative’s objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)