AP/GL Accountant (#18-057)
Bastyr University has an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to join our team as an AP/GL Accountant. Based at our
campus in Kenmore, Washington, this position will be responsible for AP processing and GL accounting including reconciliation,
reporting and analysis for our campuses in Kenmore, Seattle, and San Diego. This position will report directly to the Director of
Accounting and Financial Services.
- Work closely with Senior Accounts Payable Accountant to manage payables processes as assigned including processing
of weekly check runs
- Process vendor invoices, reimbursement, credit memos, credit card statements, and check requests for payment
and ensure that coding, authorization and supporting documentation are processed timely and accurately
- Assist vendors with inquiries on accounts
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Manage vendor and employee relationships including providing training and guidance on payables processing,
accounting and budgeting procedures, and work to resolve payables issues timely and collaboratively
- Execute and manage internal controls and related procedure documentation for assigned areas
- Other accounts payables duties as assigned
GL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are properly prepared,
maintained and explained in a timely manner
- Preparation of journal entries and file upload into the accounting system as needed
- Responsible for preparing reconciliations for various general ledger accounts such as prepaid expenses, accounts
payable, accruals, payroll and benefits, taxes and/or other areas as assigned
- Preparation of supporting schedules and variance analysis as assigned
- Assist with managing the accounting and reporting processes related to capital expenditures including fixed asset
purchase order processing. Work closely with management to ensure proper project management tracking, accounting
and related reporting processes are executed accurately and timely in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure month-end accounting close processes, reporting and analysis are executed accurately and timely in
accordance with GAAP
- Manage internal controls and related procedure documentation for assigned areas
- Preparation of annual audit schedules and facilitation of audit testing for financial and operational audits as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associated Degree in Accounting or at least two years of experience in an accounting or finance related environment
- Non-profit and/or higher education experience a plus
- MIP and/or Microix Workflow systems experience highly desirable
- Ability to enter data accurately and quickly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal communications
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to work cross-functionally with vendors, department heads, staff,
faculty and students in a highly collaborative work style
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prepare clear, concise accounting schedules, reports and analyses for management
- Ability to identify process improvements to streamline processes, including implementing and utilizing technological
systems and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes
- Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
Non-Exempt - $21-$23 per hour depending on experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include job #18-057 and job title in subject line.
Successful candidate will also be required to pass a criminal background check. EEO. Open until filled.
Bastyr University believes that diversity is a crucial factor in achieving academic excellence and profoundly enriching the university experience. We are committed to
maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations that we serve. Our faculty and staff are committed to achieving our mission by
educating students to be future leaders in the natural health arts and sciences. Bastyr University promotes a work environment that allows students, faculty and staff
to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity institution. We do not discriminate in matters of employment or participation in programs, services or benefits on the basis of
gender, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, individuals with disabilities, genetic information, or
veteran status. Our programs, services and facilities are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the university in advance if you require special
accommodation due to a disability.
All applicants must prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of a position offer. Individuals must be able to perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Any applicants requiring special assistance during the application process should contact the Human
Resources department by phone (425) 602-3087 or fax (425) 602-3058 or email email@example.com.