The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
The Professional Researcher supports the team by generating new and useful information and translating it into actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their service for users. Provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for basic business process engagements. Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics; Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks. Plans and implements process improvements, including: future state design, change management, and transition planning. Interfaces with all areas of project including customer, computer services, and client services. Client may be internal or external to company. Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance. Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines. May coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls. Conduct client interviews. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control. May perform cost and benefit analysis. Responsible for analyzing user business problems to be solved with automated systems. May formulate and define information system scope and objectives through research, analysis, testing and fact finding with a basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements. May prepare communications and make presentations on recommendations on system enhancements or alternatives. May act as functional expert.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business, user, and cost requirements.
- May prepare communications and make presentations on recommendations on system enhancements or alternatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Must have three (3) or more years’ experience specifying, collecting, and presenting key performance data and analysis for a given digital service and/or business process.
- Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills necessary for quickly developing recommendations based on the quantitative and qualitative evidence gathered via web analytics, financial data, and user feedback.
- Individuals must be capable of explaining technical concepts to senior officials with limited technological background, and comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
- At this professional level, they must be able to share examples of best practice in digital performance management and support the procurement of the necessary digital platforms, that support automation and near real-time collection and presentation of operational data, helping overcome delivery obstacles to improving policies, processes, and overall performance in agencies by collaboratively to overcome those obstacles
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability