1199 Employment Center
Your Future Starts With us
Paramedic -Full Time and Part Time
The 1199 SEIU Employment Center has full-time and part-time career opportunities for Paramedics. Positions are located at our prestigious hospitals in Manhattan. Positions include a comprehensive Union Benefits Package and competitive salaries.
Responds to emergency calls received through the 911 system, evaluates the nature and acuity of illness or injury, establishes patient care priorities, administers appropriate pre-hospital care, and provides the necessary transportation for patients to the appropriate medical facility. All the duties must be accomplished within the protocols and regulations set forth by the Fire Department of New York, the, Regional Medical Advisory Council of New York City, and the New York State Department of Health.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- NYS DOT EMT-P Level 4, NYC REMAC Certification.
- NYS DMV Driver’s License.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with a 911 Emergency Medical Services agency.
- Working knowledge of electrocardiogram monitoring equipment, able to operate a computer with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to provide excellent customer
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes requirements to: 1199 SEIU Employment Center, PO Box 999, New York, NY 10108
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time