Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high paced environment is second nature to you.
Sodexo is looking for a Catering Manager 3 at American University.
- 75% Catering and 25% overall unit operations.
Manage $1.5 million in revenue.
Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for catering services to ensure account retention.
Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
Directs daily operations of catering services to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
Directs catering operations including waited table service, bars, continuous break stations and buffet lines.
Plans, advises and assists with menu options and selection and provides job quotes for special services or sales.
Ensures the quality of catering operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, complying with all sanitation guidelines and maintaining area in accordance with state health standards.
Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resources when necessary.
Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards.
Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.