Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health—Portland is a faith-based, not-for-profit health care network consisting of a 302-bed medical center, 34 medical clinics and home care and hospice services in the Portland metro area. Our full-service acute care medical center provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities on the eastside. Our key services include cardiovascular care, emergency services, orthopedics, radiation oncology, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation and labor & delivery. We are staffed with more than 550 physicians, 1,900 employees and over 250 volunteers from our local communities.
Portland has 11,697 acres of parks, including Forest Park, which is the United States’ largest urban forest, at 5,157 acres. With 70 miles of trails, it’s a hiker, mountain biker and runner heaven. Other parks in town include a golf course, swimming pools, picnic areas and off-leash dog areas. Portland’s unofficial motto is “keep Portland weird.” The area fosters a sense of independence, creativity and nonconformity, while maintaining a highly earth-friendly environment. As of January 1, 2018, Adventist Health Portland announced an exciting agreement to integrate services with OHSU.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Customer Care Associate (Outpatient) who:
Performs general secretarial and receptionist duties, office management and patient services. Assists in all aspects of front office functions to provide quality service to patients and staff. Provides communication, information, assistance and coordination for all customer requests in designated facility location. Provides patient care support. Maintains excellent customer service.
- Answers phone, takes messages and directs call to the appropriate person. Admits patients into clinic. Pulls charts, processes encounter forms, verifies insurance and patient information in computer. Makes appropriate updates, copies/scans insurance information for clinic registration. Prepares charts with appropriate forms necessary to complete the visit. Prepares and completes referrals for patients, obtaining authorizations, and assisting patients and physicians with referral coordination.
- Provides technical support services and functions under supervision of a clinician/specialty team. Provides back-up for admitting clerks as needed. Performs registration process, obtaining all pertinent demographic and insurance information required, including authorizations when necessary.
- Runs report(s) for overdue balances for next day appointments and relays via fax to clinics before next day. Monitors computer data for accounts needing collection interaction. Utilizes and updates departmental databases. Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility for all patients according to procedures. Coordinates and monitors insurance information for outpatient billing purposes. Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility for all patients according to procedures. Balances over-the-counter daily receipts. Opens and/or locks up the building.
- Performs quality control checks of general front desk and waiting areas to ensure hospital cleanliness. Keeps waiting rooms neat and orderly. Assists in cleaning rooms between cases according to established protocols. Opens and/or closes unit. Monitors daily level of stock supplies for assigned area of responsibility and ensures levels are adequate. Monitors panels for alarms and reports to appropriate department.
- Receives payments from patients. Balances cash drawer and credit card receipts. Manages office duties including money deposits to cashier, typing documents, entering data into the computer, medical record management and billing management. Collects statistics and manages data entry of daily charges. Monitors computer data for accounts needing collection interaction. Communicates to clinic leadership ideas to improve clinic operations. Participates in ongoing cross-services performance improvement teams.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred