Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in one or more small- to medium-scale business-specific projects by applying basic business (or functional) expertise in project management. This role may manage and own smaller level efforts when appropriate. This includes responsibilities for supporting projects end-to-end through the planning, development, execution, and implementation stages to ensure administrative excellence, while adhering to Lowe's enterprise project practices. Overall, this role contributes to projects that ultimately drives business and financial value and provides improvements across the business.
- Supports multiple projects that are less complex or manages one small to medium complex project from planning to minimum realization with responsibility for specific tactical business outcomes through consistent organization, tracking, and communication with project stakeholders and personnel.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages all touch points of the project plan including responsibility for scheduling, global resource forecasting, managing project financials, and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact.
- Monitors the overall project performance (timeline, budget, and resource utilization) against plan and makes adjustments as needed when issues are identified and require resolution.
- Assists in the request for information (RFI) and vendor request for proposal (RFP) processes as directed.
- Participates in team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved, working with team members and learning on smaller less complex projects.
- Helps mitigate project risks by collecting and analyzing data for trigger events, drafting contingency plans, and adjusting dependencies affected by ongoing project changes.
- Maintains relationships with diverse project stakeholders by communicating with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management to support questions, feedback, and requests.
- Participates in formal and informal training to continuously develop a cross-functional and/or subject matter expert skillset.
- Prepares reports on key metrics to ensure project alignment and for project status communication.
- Supports and is accountable to the Program Manager for the management, delivery and outcomes of assigned projects within the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in business projects, including 1+ years managing project work streams (Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement)
- 2+ years’ experience working on and/or managing project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management, organizational change)
- 1+ years’ experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates
- Experience managing operational or project financial budgets and leading project teams
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
- 1+ years’ experience in project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional business solutions
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification
- Experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.