A Community Support Specialist is needed for PACT Team in Hattiesburg, MS. This position will provide case management services to adult participants on the PACT Team. Some on-call duties required. PACT is a program that serves individuals with severe and persistent mental illness in the community.
Programs for Assertive community treatment (PACT) is a team-based treatment model that provides multidisciplinary, flexible treatment and support to people with mental illness 24/7. PACT is based around the idea that people receive better care when their mental health care providers work together. PACT team members help the person address every aspect of their life, whether it be medication, therapy, social support, employment or housing.
PACT is mostly used for people who have transferred out of an inpatient setting but would benefit from a similar level of care and having the comfort of living a more independent life than would be possible with inpatient care.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live, work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Perry, Wayne, Pearl River, Stone, Hancock and Harrison Counties.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral healthcare required
- Must have reliable transportation to provide community services
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to obtain DMH case management certification within 60 days of hire
- Must have auto insurance liability limits of 100,000/300,000/50,000 within 1 month of hire
- Behavioral healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills required
- Assists with medication monitoring and system navigation.
- Assists with outreach of program and case management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of diagnosis, signs and symptoms of relapse, medication information, and knowledge of community resources to explore all alternatives to hospitalization.
- Facilitates Person Centered Planning meetings.
- Provides advocacy, consultation, and educational services.
- Provides outpatient social services linkage, emergency intervention, and crisis intervention services.
- Provides services to clients through home or community visits.