- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Medical Terminology
Shift: Full time, Days and Evenings, Rotating weekend
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, provides office support including reception, scheduling, and patient assistance related duties at designated points of service to insure a high quality level of patient service and satisfaction.
1. Greets incoming patients and visitors at various points of service within the facility providing congenial and hospitable customer service. Refers patients and visitors to appropriate department or resource. Notifies appropriate resource of patients and visitors arrival in a timely manner. Assures patient demographics and eligibility are correct.
2. Receives and forwards telephone calls and takes and relays messages per protocol.
3. Registers new patients and schedules appointments for providers and services. Reschedules appointments and follows up on cancelled and missed appointments.
4. Collects co pays and balances and makes follow up appointments as necessary.
5. Responds to patient and visitor questions in a timely and appropriate manner utilizing knowledge of the organizations policies and procedures.
6. May communicate with other departments, team members, physician offices, the hospital, or patients in response to requests for information, follow-up, or problem resolution.
7. Performs various clerical duties as needed in assigned work areas. May order supplies for work area, open mail etc. Operates standard office machines including computer, calculator, photocopier, fax and credit card terminal.
8. May assist with medical records and clinical personnel as needed.
9. Maintains work and waiting areas in a neat and professional manner.
10. May perform a variety of special projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to all NCH standards, policies and procedures.
1. Level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent work experience.
2. One year of customer service work experience or interaction with the public required.
3. Proficient computer skills.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate.
6. Effective interpersonal skills to interact with patients, team members and physicians and to maintain team-oriented relationships with senior management, managers and staff.
7. Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision while exercising attention to details and independent judgment within stated guidelines.
8. Ability to maintain high customer service standards.
9. Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn and effectively utilize department specific software systems.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule as part of a team.
11. Ability and willingness to float between multiple Physician Office locations when needed.
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
337,000 outpatient visits
43,000 home care visits
3,100 newborn deliveries
Approximately 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases, ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality care - and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and designations we've recently achieved:
Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence (The American Nurses Credentialing Center awards Magnet status to hospitals that exhibit exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction, have impressive nurse-to-patient ratios, and attract and retain the best nursing staff.)
Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
2016 American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award"
4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals, administrative and support personnel
More than 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the northwest suburbs
NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on primary and specialty care
Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours of service annually
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Work Locations: 1941 Rohlwing - NCHMG 60008
Job: Medical Group
Employee Status: Regular