Full Job Description
Full Charge Bookkeeper
General Job Description
Bookkeepers are responsible for managing the bookkeeping and general office administrative duties. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank deposits, reconciliations, payroll and other finance-related duties. Human resource duties will also be required.
- Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recordation of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements
- Applying strong accounting skills, including A/P, A/R, payroll, human resources, purchasing backup, journal entries, and all bookkeeping through financial statement preparation
- Participating in activities needed to support the management functions of the team
- Answering phones as a backup to receptionist will also be required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Five or more years of office or bookkeeping experience
- Payroll skills and use of bookkeeping software is required
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Ability to interpret data, present to management and make cost effective decisions
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures
- Demonstrated ability in dealing directly with clients and account payable
These key business indicators will measure the effectiveness of the Full Charge Bookkeeper.
- Timeliness and accuracy of reporting.
- Aging of accounts receivable kept within percentage of past due guidelines.
- Aging of accounts payable
- Cash flow management
- Close books by 15th – 20th of month.
- Departmentalized & Consolidated Financial statements by the 20th . Also to include Budget vs. Actual.
The bookkeeper will report directly to the President
The bookkeeper has limited direct supervisory responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative