Prep Cook/Line Cook
Currently looking for an experienced Prep Cook/Line Cook to fill an opening with a hotel and restaurant located in Youngstown, Ohio. Interested candidates should have 2 - 3 years of cooking/line cook/prep cook experience preferably from scratch.
Responsibilities of the Prep Cook/Line Cook
- Knife skills, prep work, slice skills, back of kitchen.
- Prepare food orders as per established recipes/menus.
- Ensure equipment and kitchen cleanliness.
- Maintain kitchen in a clean and organize manner to facilitate high volume production.
- Handle and store food in a sanitary fashion.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy and meats.
- Coordinate with Chef/Sous Chef for Banquet functions and special orders.
Requirements of the Prep Cook/Line Cook
- 2 - 3 years of cooking/line cook/prep cook experience preferably from scratch
- Experience in a high volume, quality-focused establishment is preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing with some sitting
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 5 lbs., occasionally lift- up to 50 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bimanual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Compensation for the Prep Cook/Line Cook
The starting salary for this position is $13.00 per hour.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $16.00 per hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more