We are actively seeking a per diem Hospice Aidefor Burlington, NJ program.
The Hospice Aide will be responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Meets the training requirements of the appropriate state in NJ
- Certified CNA is required
- Has ability to read and follow written instructions and document electronically in English
- Understands the organization's philosophy.
- When assigned to hospice patients:
- Is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill and emotional support to the caregivers.
- Is secure with issues of death/dying.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Provides a calm manner when in a patient home.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Is able to function as an effective member of an integrated health care team.
- Has the ability to work in in a wide range of living situations, for example, confined quarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with personal hygiene including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linens as often as assigned.
- Provides nutritional support, feeds patients and prepares snacks as assigned.
- Assists in dressing and undressing patients as assigned
- Takes and records oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
- Provides proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence's.
- Reports on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assists in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist.
- Offers and assists with bedpans and urinals. Provides assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (within the training limitations of the aide).
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
- Provides respite for patient/family/caregivers when on-site, as appropriate.
- Keeps patient's living area clean and orderly as assigned.
- Adheres to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Is respectful of patient/family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
Job Type: Part-time
- Hospice: 1 year
- CNA: 1 year