General Duty Statement
Performs complex programming work requiring an advanced understanding of the City information technology infrastructure. Consults with customers regarding complex projects in order to assist in planning for future systems improvements. Leads the analysis and design of relevant databases and multiple processes within business applications. Advises and assists less experienced team members in their development. Participates in setting work priorities. Maintains knowledge of current best practices. Performs other related work as assigned.
Information about this position:
Do you have a passion for technology, a focus on finding solutions, a commitment to collaboration, and having fun while pursing your goals? Join the Database Services team! You will work closely and collaboratively with the application development and infrastructure teams to solve challenging problems, consult with partner teams, and provide database services.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Provides MS SQL and Oracle database management for a wide variety of line of business applications
- Evaluates the current database environment and make technology recommendations
- Provides guidance on database configuration and tuning for existing and new database installations
- Coordinates database activities through the change management process with all necessary technical teams to ensure a stable database environment
- Reviews service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) regularly to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved
- Owns, tracks and resolves database related incidents and requests
- Responds to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Participates in developing and implementing a database disaster recovery strategy
- Partners with vendors when necessary to set up the appropriate database solutions for purchased applications
- Partners with third-party technical resources in managing the database environments
Essential Functions are the functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The Essential Functions for this position are identified in the Supplemental Information section of the IS Information/Technical Analyst III Job Description.
The City of Saint Paul has established a Racial Equity Strategy
with goals of ending racial disparity in the City as an organization, achieving racial equity in city services and engagement, and eliminating race-based disparities in our community. This citywide effort is designed to ensure that race does not predetermine opportunities in education, employment, housing, health and safety.
The eligible list created from this assessment may be used to fill various IS Information/Technical Analyst III positions with the Office of Technology and Communications as they become available.
A Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, Computer Technology, or a related field and two (2) years of work experience related to the vacancy or a vacancy-related technical school certificate and four (4) years of work experience related to the vacancy.
May require a valid Minnesota Class D Driver's License, or equivalent out-of-state driver's license. The driver's license must have no suspensions or revocations for driving-related offenses within the two year period prior to the date of appointment. Suspensions for parking-related offenses are excluded.
By Closing Date, you MUST
1. Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental
2. Upload or submit the following document via the online application system, mail, in person, email, or fax. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted, Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10 MB.)
Selection Process Information
The selection process will include a pass/fail Qualifications Rating which includes a review of your resume and application against the requirements, primary responsibilities, and essential functions of position. You will be notified if you are invited to participate in the final selection process which may include an interview.
Condition of Employment:
This position will require a drug test and a background check which may include criminal history, and employment history as a condition of employment. Candidates will be required to submit proof of education to Human Resources upon conditional job offer. The City of Saint Paul encourages individuals to apply for positions regardless of criminal history.