Position Announcement: Construction Project Coordinator / Project Manager
Home Energy Medics is adding members to their team of highly skilled and motivated staff. We are a family owned, highly respected, full-service home performance company. We focus on home energy auditing consulting, air sealing, insulation, HVAC, and the improvements that happen during the construction/remodeling process to make these positive changes to our client’s homes. We have high standards focusing on customer respect, attention to detail, client’s comfort & reducing energy consumption all while following the latest in industry best practices. Our Construction Project Coordinator / Project Manager will be running our retrofit solution projects for our clients. If this sounds like something you would be happy to do for us, you should read on!
A Home Energy Medics Construction Project Coordinator / Project Manager coordinates projects in the DC/VA/MD Metro area. He/she works closely with clients to plan, schedule, and coordinate their retrofit projects as determined by our home energy audits. Residential construction knowledge is essential in this position but previous experience as a Construction Project Coordinator / Project Manager is not necessary. A willingness to learn the position and a high aptitude for organization is all that you need.
SO! If you are looking for a long-term position, you are customer oriented, personable, adaptable, have strong organization & communication skills, and take ownership of all that you do.....Then we should talk!
- Do I enjoy working with and communicating with others?
- Am I a good organizer?
- Do I enjoy helping to solve problems and find solutions?
- Am I looking for a career in the rapidly growing green market sector?
- Do I want to collaborate with a diversified team full of ideas?
- Am I looking for a flexible work schedule?
- Am I computer savvy? (Word, Excel, adobe acrobat PDF, apps, etc.)
- Do I have residential construction knowledge?
- Do I enjoy a challenge and feeling rewarded?
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Coordination, Management, and Quality Assurance
- Establishes retrofit work schedule and coordinates retrofit implementation with other Home Energy Medics team members and sub-contractors.
- Works with installation technicians to ensure the jobs are completed properly, to the customer’s satisfaction, and to Home energy Medics and industry standards.
- Communicates DAILY with homeowners on retrofit work progress.
- Conducts quality assurance/control (QA) site visits and conducts QA testing after retrofit projects are completed.
- Complete jobs accurately, efficiently, timely.
- Constantly seeks new sub-contractor partnerships as required and develops strong relationships with them
- Writes change orders and manages project contract paperwork per HEM protocols
- Problems solve unexpected situations as they may occur on a project
- Use Home Energy Medics CRM toolset for project management
- Ensures projects follow all federal and local/state permitting requirements and regulations
- Completes necessary project paperwork per HEM protocols
- Updates Home Energy Medics project estimating tool as required and project management and project documentation/execution guidelines.
Homeowner Education and Sales
- Reviews project work scope, and contracts with auditor & homeowner
- Reviews the benefits of home performance recommendations and energy improvement measures to the homeowner.
- Set expectations with the homeowner on project execution
- Upsell additional work to homeowners when to their benefit and best interest.
Required Qualifications/Personal Attributes:
- Accountability, positive attitude, resilience, creativity, drive, and confidence
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Residential construction knowledge across multiple trades
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly gain an understanding of the technical aspect of the business, product, market dynamics, and customer base
- Experience in gaining knowledge of products, technical information, protocols, and guidelines
- Build strong customer relations across the key territory
- Organized, able to prioritize and manage time
- Proven leadership qualities with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate with a diverse clientele and establish a strong rapport with clients
- Proven background in providing high levels of customer service & satisfaction
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat PDF software are a must!)
- Ability to work independently, manage your own day-to-day, projects, and other objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve problems under pressure
- Ability to learn the principles and current practices of building science
- Undergraduate degree (communications or business, engineering, science, math preferred but not required)
- Sales and/or customer service experience
- Residential construction coordination or project management experience is a plus
- Candidates will be required to pass some BPI certifications and/or other state licensing as a condition of employment if not already held
- US citizen or permanent resident status is required
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Reliable transportation to office and job sites/current driver’s license
- Clean Criminal Background check & Drug Screening
- This position requires physical effort and candidates must be able to climb stairs, ladders and lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate some confined spaces such as attics and crawlspaces
- Must be able to work from the Home Energy Medics Office, Job-site or at Home as deemed necessary.
Salary & Benefits
- Excellent pay and benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, health care supplement, retirement, and consideration for relocation. Performance-based commission in addition to base salary. Tools and equipment will be supplied to perform job duties. This is a full-time Construction Project Coordinator / Project Management position. Salary is dependent on experience. Starting pay is $45,000-$50,000 Base (to start) - annually PLUS commission for add-on or change order sales!
- Please send us your resume & cover letter. No application will be considered without both of these items. Thank you for your interest in Home Energy Medics. We look forward to meeting you!
Find out more about Home Energy Medics at www.homeenergymedics.com
Home Energy Medics is an EOE employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year