A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Assistant Administrative Services Trainee is a temporary position responsible for providing support to the Finance Staff. This position provides an environment for the incumbent to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of Administrative Services Assistant; preparing the incumbent to meet the requirements to fulfill the role of Administrative Services Assistant.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Filing transaction documentation within the finance department
- Data entry to the property management software
- Preparing vendor payments for mailings; matching remittance documents with checks
- Verifying that we have received electronic copies of bank deposit reports.
- Scanning invoices for distribution to property managers for coding
- Tracking receipt of approved invoices
- Scanning W9s received from vendors.
- Front office administrative support.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Scope and Accountability:
- Incumbent follows routine procedures and established guidelines, does not independently make decisions, and performs work under moderate to close supervision.
- Work under established guidelines and controls including REACH administration policies and procedures.
- Operates from established and well-known procedures.
Errors may result in…
- Additional time required to correct errors
- Improperly or uncompleted work
- Cost or time overruns
- Work is reviewed by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Job is not supervisory in nature
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong Customer Service and interpersonal skills
- Clear, courteous verbal and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience
- High school education or equivalent
Contacts are made…
External contacts occur with:
- Both inside and outside the organization
Internal contacts occur:
- Other service organizations
- Within all levels of the organization
Contacts are made…
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- At the direction of the supervisor
- Contacts made may concern confidential or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion, negotiation or persuasion
- Contacts occur both face- to-face and via telephone
- Contact may deal with hostile or upset residents
- Presentations to external sources and groups may be made.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people
- May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
- Requires work with a variety of age groups
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.