Multimedia Producer and Digital Outreach Manager
With a problem-solving mandate, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) is a think-
and do- tank that tackles major policy challenges confronting the Asia-Pacific in
security, prosperity, sustainability, and the development of common norms and
values for the region. ASPI seeks a Multimedia Producer and Digital Outreach
Manager to leverage ASPI’s projects, initiatives, and expert commentary to create
dynamic and accessible multimedia content, including videos, podcasts, and
infographics; as well as manage the ASPI website and social media.
Under the guidance of the Managing Director, the Multimedia Producer and Digital
Outreach Manager will:
- Leverage ASPI’s initiatives and expert commentary to create dynamic
multimedia content such as podcasts, videos, graphics, gifs, and infographics
used primarily on ASPI’s website and social media.
- Collaborate with ASPI experts and staff to identify high-impact opportunities
to increase the visibility of ASPI initiatives and activities; develop and
execute a dissemination strategy. Develop and implement a content
management and distribution schedule.
- Optimize video and other multimedia content for social media platforms
including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- In tandem with the development of ASPI’s initiatives, provide guidance on
the development of supplementary digital content that aids in marketing,
fundraising and audience building, coordinating with internal colleagues in
other Asia Society departments and with outside contractors as needed.
- Develop strategies and campaigns to grow ASPI’s social media following;
track and report digital metrics to assess efficacy of digital strategies in
driving audience engagement.
- Log, archive, and manage audio, video and photography assets;
- Keep abreast of digital, social, and multimedia best practices and emerging
trends, and make recommendations regarding new opportunities for adoption
- Oversee, maintain, and update the, update, and maintain control of the ASPI
web page and related microsites, as well as social media channels, and
create/disseminate regular e-blasts.
- Work with project managers, other colleagues, and contractors to ensure that
deliverables for editorial products are on track to meet tight production
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in
multimedia production, with a track record of developing sophisticated, strategic
approaches to digital and social media outreach;
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with proven ability to present
information clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated familiarity with foreign policy issues; focus on Asian policy
- Strong editing skills, with the ability to synthesize nuanced information for a
wider audience without sacrificing diplomacy;
- Expertise with recording video and podcasts, as well as editing them.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, other Adobe
Creative Cloud, and other relevant editing software required. Working
knowledge of Drupal (or similar CMS). Ability to keep abreast of relevant new
software and technologies.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement SEO tactics
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and tight deadlines, and
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; excellent judgment,
tact and discretion;
- Fluency in written and oral English required; familiarity with another Asian
language is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please email (1) cover letter addressing qualifications and salary requirements, (2)
resume, (3) a multimedia content sample to email@example.com. Resume and
cover letter attachments should be PDF or MS Word files, and the content sample
should be shared via a box, google drive, or other web accessible link.
The email subject line should indicate the job title and Code 2007 and your last
Only complete applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those
candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.