The SEO Strategist is a perfect position for a search engine optimization expert looking to provide quality SEO strategy to a wide variety of business types for our local market clients across the nation.
This person will be responsible for creating, managing and analyzing the custom SEO strategies for our highest level clients. The position will perform Opportunity Analysis, Site Audits and Strategy Development for clients in support of our local market clients. Additionally, this role supports both the pre-sales analysis and the ongoing fulfillment of our SEO programs.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about SEO and be genuinely interested in keeping abreast of the latest changes in the space in order to learn and execute new successful SEO strategies. The candidate should have a desire and flair for discussing and explaining SEO and have the ability to make the complicated simple to understand.
The SEO Strategist role interacts with clients, sales reps, operational support teams as well as 3
rd party vendors and partners. This position has a wide range of responsibilities including organic search analysis, SEO strategy development, strategic planning, real-time research and analysis, deliverables evaluation, results analysis and client and local market communication. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is a key component of this position.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth experience with SEO and understand the impact of the convergence of social media and search engine optimization. Additionally, the candidate will have a clear comprehension of mobile search and the impact it has on SEO strategy. He or she will have a routine to keep up with the ever-changing reality of the Search and Social spaces.
- 2-4 years SEO Strategy building experience (Agency environment preferred)
- Proven track record building SEO strategies for a variety of business types
- Experience providing SEO Opportunity Analysis, SEO Audits and developing both Local Search and Organic SEO strategies
- Client facing experience with the skill to explain complex topics in simple language
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working within deadlines
- A desire to continually learn and apply their knowledge
- Experience with 3rd party optimization tools (i.e. MOZ, Majestic, SEMRush, RexSwain, ScreamingFrog, etc.)
- In-depth familiarity with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Support tools
- Competent with website analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about staying current and knowledgeable as the industry evolves
Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 25 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus. Advance Local includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, NOLA Media Group, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, Advance 360, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com. Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.