- Software Development
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
AxiaMed is a high growth SaaS payment transaction and security technology company dedicated to the healthcare industry. As an emerging leader in this space, we specialize in developing top-tier technology for transactional and revenue cycle management. Our goal is to revolutionize transactions by providing integrated solutions that increase security and streamline workflow. Our core customer embraces secure and scalable technology that empowers growth. We delight them by providing trusted, secure, easy to use, and innovative technology that allows them to focus on their core business. AxiaMedcurrently offers two specific proprietary solutions together with customized on-premise payment devices.
Our core values of Gratitude, Servant Leadership, Stewardship, Fruitfulness, and Teamwork define who we are at AxiaMedand represent ultimate objectives for our enterprise. We seek those who share these objectives and bring to Axia a passion for excellence in their professions.
AxiaMedis looking for a Software Architect to join our engineering team. The Software Architect reports directly to our VP of Engineering and leads the design and implementation of the next generation of mobile (Android, iOS) healthcare payment and security solutions as well as further evolves the architecture of the company’s current suite of products. This role is an excellent opportunity to make major contributions to our dynamic growing organization and to leverage your experience to create high value software solutions for our healthcare clients.
- Together with the VP of Engineering, develop the frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
- Work closely with our product management team to help develop leading client solutions; determine functional and non-functional requirements of future projects and features and estimate the work scope accordingly.
- Take a long-term strategic approach to design and development taking into account the product roadmap; develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards; clearly communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team.
- Write the use cases, user stories, and software requirements, and allocate them to the functional components as appropriate.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design; provide technical guidance and coaching to developers to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of adherence to architectural standards, quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility.
- Approve final product before launch.
- Gain basic understanding of client’s businesses and cultivate own understanding of user issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate new technologies and the evolution of current technologies for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT field.
- 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing modern software solutions across multiple technology platforms, incorporating an API first mentality.
- 10+ years of experience in commercial software development with a variety of languages (Python, Java, C, C++, Ruby).
- 3+ years of software architecture and/or development in the mobile app ecosystem.
- 3+ years of software architecture and/or development using AWS services.
- Expertise in full-stack software development using LAMP or MEAN that incorporates a mix of SAAS apps, cloud services and mobile apps to provide the full solution.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release management.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Skilled at coaching and inspiring team members.
ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE PREFERENCES
- Mobile payments industry experience.
- Experience implementing modern microservices architectures.
- Experience implementing secure Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- 401K plan with company matching
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Inclusive and collaborative culture
- Employee game room with shuffleboard table, corn hole, and ping pong
- Catered lunch every Wednesday
Job Type: Full-time
- architecting, designing, and developing modern software: 7 years (Required)