Parkland Fuel is seeking an Assistant Controller to provide assistance on all financial-related tasks. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has excellent math skills and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. We’re looking for a self-starting, highly detailed professional who practices discretion in all corporate matters. We need someone who respects deadlines.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax filing, reporting, etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation and process of detailed financial statements in compliance with office guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly, quarterly and annual close
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Assist the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Participate in the preparation of the annual audit
- Help in the development of reports for management
- Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
- Monitoring investment policies and operations of the company.
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
- Developing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, consultants and sale points.
- Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assisting in special projects whenever asked.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax, Audit or Finance/Master’s Degree Preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting packages required
- Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial
- Some supervisory experience is also preferred
- An assistant controller should possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be good at organizing and time management.
- Is expected to have latitude and creativity.
- Should have good judgement, planning skills and leadership traits.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal correspondence
- Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift