We are one of the leading international shipping companies located in Queens, NY. In order to maintain momentum and growth, our company is expanding its team. Many opportunities for growth await you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented individual to join our IT Department. The IT Technician will assist with end user support requests and a variety of ongoing IT projects. We are looking for a candidate with fundamental PC and networking experience.
This is a Part-Time position.
Exposure to a wide range of entry level IT tasks including, but not limited to:
- Software installations
- Laptop/Desktop builds and repairs
- Desktop, Laptop, Tablet deployments (Windows)
- Serve end user support requests
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Designs and produces basic reports
- Transfers computer files between platforms
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Desire to learn new and exciting technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in academic and work history
- Knowledge of Windows 8 or 10 operating systems (preferably some experience installing, updating, or troubleshooting)
- Experience with MS Office products and Office 365
- Authorized to work in the USA
Job Type: Part-time