Founded in 2013 and based in San Diego, Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd. is a publicly traded RNA medicines company. Arcturus’s commitment to the development of novel RNA therapeutics has led to partnerships with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Synthetic Genomics Inc., and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Inc..
Our corporate culture is diverse, open and creative. We value collaboration and teamwork. We are looking for team members to grow with us and with a strong dedication to the highest levels of scientific excellence.
Arcturus is seeking a talented Patent Counsel to join our team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with all levels of the organization including our R&D team, external counsel and other external consultants. Our ideal candidate will bring strong relevant law firm or in-house experience.
In This Role You Will:
- Draft new applications and responses to official actions.
- Work collaboratively with external patent counsel, Arcturus leadership team and R&D organization to ensure prosecution strategy is consistent with portfolio goals and priorities.
- Work with scientific and clinical staff to understand new developments in order to design and implement prosecution strategies to ensure the necessary protection.
- Review technical processes and conduct freedom to operate analyses as needed.
- Review technical manuscripts, posters, and other materials intended for publication and draft patent applications in response as needed.
- Review and evaluat the commercial and technical activities of third parties.
- Assist external counsel with IP due diligence as needed to support business development transactions.
- Interact with collaborator IP counsel as needed to ensure that collaboration products and IP is aligned with collaboration objectives.
- Registered Patent Attorney, CA bar preferred.
- BS/MS/PhD in Biology, Molecular/Cellular Biology, or other life science or Chemistry required (advanced degree or equivalent lab experience strongly preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing hands-on patent prosecution directly related to the life sciences industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (written and verbal), and decision- making skills.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks, and to respond effectively to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
Arcturus is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For more information about our company, visit www.ArcturusRx.com.
Job Type: Full-time