WESTERN STAR - CUMMINS - DETROIT - CAT - ROADRANGER - MERITOR - DANA/SPICER - SPARTAN CHASSIS - TOYNE APPARATUS - FIRE / EMERGENCY RESPONSE VEHICLES - COMMERCIAL TRUCKS - BUS AND RECREATIONAL VEHICLES
PARTS COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE:
Performs a variety of customer service, in store, marketing, promoting, advertising and stocking duties related to the receiving, sale and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe, and profitable operation of the dealerships parts department. Ongoing responsibility for assisting with the counter parts sales and customer service responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells products and/or services to repair the problem and meet the customer's needs.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
- Record all sales and/or customer transactions that occur.
- Provide service technicians with parts as required
- Assist with Parts Manager in merchandising displays.
- Maintains the retail sale floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards and today's customer satisfaction.
- Controls showroom inventory to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks that maintain and enhances the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area.
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership. Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description.
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently
- Performs other tasks as required by Parts Manger.
- Keeps himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
- Verify receiving documents.
- Follow up on shortages and expedite by reporting to Parts Manager.
- Should be knowledgeable in merchandising
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and dealership’s satisfaction
- Greet customers immediately in a courteous manner
- Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Graduation from manufacturer Parts program preferred but not required
- Knowledge of dealer management systems preferred but not required
- Ability to speak effectively one on one
- Ability to effectively listen
- Ability to interpret customer needs
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Good organizational skills
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Requires the use of both hands
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift up to 80lbs. of material
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees and owners
- Be early, flexible and available for scheduling
- Maintain up to date technical training
- Focus on Quality & Service
- Be neat and clean
- Wear uniform and name badge every day
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the parts business
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Commission
- retail sales: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
Typical start time:
Typical end time: