Associate Civil Engineer (Civil Engineering Site Land Development Division)Civil Engineering Site Land Development - Residential Subdivisions and Commercial Site Development Sacramento or Fresno, California Office
Position: Associate Civil Engineer (Civil Engineering Site Land Development Division)
Office Locations: Fresno, CA & Sacramento, CA
T*erm: * Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development firm actively seeks Associate Civil Engineer to join our thriving Sacramento or Fresno, California office.
This Associate Civil Engineer will report to a Senior Civil Engineer or Civil Project Manager and operates with a limited degree of latitude under general supervision. Associate Civil Engineer may also act as Civil Project Engineer on smaller scale projects. Associate Civil Engineer assists in civil land development planning, designing, and directing civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and monitors civil engineering land development project budgets for smaller, less complex projects.
- Responsible for civil engineering land development project schedules and timely completion of smaller, less complex projects.
- Serves as a civil project engineer and as a designated client contact when necessary.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed civil engineering land development projects.
- Assists in the preparation of civil engineering land development engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares civil engineering land development design computations and quantity estimates.
- Develops probable civil engineering land development construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes civil engineering land development reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- May direct and supervise other civil engineer's activities
- Handles routine civil engineering land development contract administration.
- Prepares or modifies civil engineering land development reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Instructs civil drafts / technicians to reduce civil land development designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serves as onsite project representative.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare civil engineering land development engineering and design documents.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field and a minimum of at least one to two plus years of civil engineering land development industry related work experience.
- Engineer-In-Training EIT Certification is strongly preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer ( PE ) in the State of California is a plus (Not Required)
- Must have a valid driver's license - Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, or Civil 3D software is a preferred
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Sacramento or Fresno, California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US Citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
Utility Companies NAVFAC
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring / employment consideration; please email detailed resume and cover letter detailing your civil engineering land development background, skills, and experience by clicking the APPLY NOW button. We will follow up with you promptly for a next step interview.
*** Our Sacramento & Fresno, CA Office are also looking to hire for the following roles - Please email resume for employment consideration ***
1. Junior Civil Engineer
2. Civil CAD Drafter / Civil CAD Technician
3. Project Level Civil Engineer
4. Civil Engineer Project Manager
5. Senior Civil Engineer P.E. Licensed
6. Land Surveyor ( Party Chief & Chainman )
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: