Lowes has exciting fast-paced Contact Center opportunities at our Customer Support Center in Albuquerque, NM. By applying to this job opening, your application will be reviewed for consideration of the following positions.
The Base Agent is expected to be proficient in one core grouping of similar contact types, providing a consistently high level of customer-centric support. An individual in this role is expected to continue learning, developing, and building on the foundational skillset of a Lowe’s Contact Center Agent, and must be receptive to regular feedback to hone skills and enhance performance. An individual in this role must work within established parameters (e.g., quality and productivity metrics), while quickly and efficiently providing excellent customer service in real time. In order to accomplish this work, this Agent must have basic knowledge of computer systems, customer service skills, basic reading and comprehension skills, and the ability to adapt to frequent change. An individual in this role must also be able to closely follow directions, engage with peers, leadership, and customers in a professional manner, and communicate issues, concerns, and wins. This position is in a fast-paced Contact Center environment and schedules may include night and/or weekend work.
The most important responsibility of this role is to represent the Lowe’s values and vision to all internal and external contacts, understanding that our customers expect to communicate with a professional and empowered representative of the Lowe’s organization. The Base Agent achieves this by:
- Using established policies and procedures to meet customer needs while interacting with customers through any channel by which the customer may choose to engage Lowe’s; documenting interactions according to standards to ensure complete and accurate records are maintained; conducting any necessary follow-up activities and/or notifying other departments on behalf of the customer; recognizing and acting on sales opportunities; identifying and notifying leadership of customer patterns, trends or atypical activities that may have a negative impact on customers or the business
- Practicing continuous learning and self-development by remaining actively engaged in ongoing learning of Lowe’s business and Contact Center technology, processes, and tools in order to effectively carry out assigned activities
- Effectively completing all assigned work in a timely and efficient manner according to Contact Center policies and procedures by understanding the importance of balancing time management with delivering quality work; adhering to a Contact Center schedule and abiding by all attendance rules and policies; maintaining awareness of time requirements, and the amount of time expected to complete each task; conducting self professionally at all times in all interactions
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Contact Center-specific skills training and/or certificate
- 1 year of customer service or sales experience
- Knowledge of the home improvement retail industry.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.