Tesla Inc. is seeking a motivated methods and validation Applications Specialist to be based either at the Tesla Vehicle Factory in Fremont, CA or Tesla Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA to help drive the tools and technologies engineers and designers will use to create and manufacture Tesla’s future products. This person will work with Tesla’s Design, Product Engineering, Manufacturing and Service Engineering teams to test, validate and develop methodologies around Dassault Systemes’ 3DEXPERIENCE Platform tools (e.g., CATIA, DELMIA and ENOVIA V6, X-CAD). These tools are a critical foundational element in Tesla future product and manufacturing plans. S/he will work with 3D CAD and PDM/PLM tools and other related tools as well. Tesla is a fast-paced environment where you will work on key technologies of many extremely exciting products.
- Development of engineering technologies and methods for optimal use and integration of core applications (CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA and portions of ENOVIA) for the 3DEXPERIENCE toolset including:
- Work directly with engineering teams to capture and understand their needs, current gaps and required results
- Drive integration between third party tools and 3DEXPERIENCE, such as SolidWorks and Revit
- Internal testing and coordination of engineering testing of the above tools including:
- Development of test plans to validate critical functionality
- Execution of testing both individually and via coordination of testers from other groups
- Detailed documentation and publication of test results, resulting plans and best practices
- Collaboration with Tesla IT and software partners (e.g., Dassault Systèmes) to drive fixes for technical issues
- Keep informed of current and upcoming trends and needs to advise software purchases and infrastructure development
- BS in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) or other applicable degrees (e.g., Computer Science). MS preferred.
- Experience in complex product and high-volume manufacturing environments is highly preferred (e.g., automotive, aerospace).
- Practical experience with CAD, Digital Manufacturing and PLM tools and methodology. Preference will be given to applicants with prior 3DEXPERIENCE/CATIA/DELMIA/SolidWorks experience.
- Ability to debug/work directly (i.e., get hands dirty) to prove application functionality and methods effectiveness and resolve issues.
- Customer-support orientation, exceptional follow-through, great interpersonal and written communication skills plus the ability and desire to teach others.
- Experience with 3D CAD and PDM/PLM tools (specifically CATIA V5/V6, ENOVIA V6) and other related tools as well (e.g., DELMIA V5/V6, AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Strong work ethic, a quality and documentation focused attitude, and a passion for making engineering efficient.
- Applicants should be highly self-directed, with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, scrappy and fast-paced environment
- Evidence of Exceptional Ability
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program