Luminostics is a San Jose-based Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures-backed startup building a smartphone-based platform for rapid infectious disease testing using glow-in-the-dark nanotechnology in combination with a consumer smartphone’s optics, controlled by an app and paired with an inexpensive adapter, for readout. We are currently putting various projects on hold to rapidly develop, launch, and scale products for rapid COVID-19 self-testing at home and use by healthcare professionals in near-patient settings. We are looking to immediately hire a lab/facilities manager to support our rapidly expanding operations and growing R&D team.
As Laboratory & Facilities Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering equipment, reagents, and consumables, shipping/receiving
- Inventory management and forecasting
- Space planning, layout, and placement of laboratory equipment and supplies in order to optimize workflow
- Creation, implementation, and revision of SOPs for laboratory management activities
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- EH&S activities, chemical and bio-hazardous waste management
- Office management — IT hardware setup and maintenance in coordination with contractors, information management, travel coordination, etc.
- Assist our assay & chemistry R&D team as necessary with preparing & QC-ing reagents, running experiments, etc.
You might be a great fit for this position if:
- You have at least three years of direct laboratory/facilities management experience in a chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic laboratory setting
- You have a working knowledge of OSHA and state regulations regarding EH&S matters
- You have operational knowledge of janitorial, HVAC, IT, general building maintenance, requirements and regulations
- You are process- and detail-oriented
- You have strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent organizational skills and are capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment