The Goddard School is a high-quality early childhood education program serving students from infancy to Kindergarten. The Goddard School is conveniently located in the Greenway/Upper Kirby area in Houston TX.
We are looking for Teachers to join our growing staff! At The Goddard School, we believe education and learning should be fun! We are looking for teachers who understand an emergent learning approach, and have a positive, cheery & nurturing demeanor.
A Teacher at The Goddard School is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environments. Additionally, a Teacher is responsible to work together with a Co-Teacher and in conjunction with our entire faculty. A teacher is tasked with aiding in the development of our children and getting them on the path, which will eventually lead to school readiness.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
- Advance children’s physical and intellectual development through engaging activities.
- Support each child’s social and emotional development, and provide positive guidance.
- Communicate with families, including completing daily activity reports.
- Maintain a tidy and organized classroom.
- Attend professional development.
- Develop and post lesson plans
- Adapt program to meet the individual needs of each child
- Develop an appropriate classroom management system to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
- Potty train children
- Provide a variety of developmentally appropriate materials
- Interact with the children to support play, exploration and learning
- Create a multi-cultural learning environment
- Must have prior experience
- Passion for Teaching
- Love of children
- High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77027: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Early Childhood General Education Teachers: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person