The Center for Employee Development (CED) is the centralized global Learning & Development function for MAXIMUS. As part of the Corporate Human Capital organization, the CED manages key products and services that are designed to develop and enhance the skills of our employees through learning solutions, tools, and systems including MAXIMUS University (MAXU), our enterprise corporate university.
This position is primarily responsible for training curriculum development with strong emphasis on the development of eLearning solutions. This individual will support the development of eLearning for the MAXIMUS compliance programs including our annual refresher training and all new hire compliance training. In addition, responsibilities include the development of eLearning as stand-alone or integrated courses in programs of study, conversion of webinars into eLearning courses, and development of training courses as required. This individual will have a strong working knowledge of ISD principals and understand practical application.
This individual will work closely with multiple stakeholders including management, internal partners, and external vendors to ensure the successful development, implementation and ongoing delivery and operations of the learning programs. Works in a matrix organization; leverages subject matter experts and other contributors to deliver learning solutions within budget and timeframe. Strong facilitation and presentation skills are important for supporting delivery of ILT and vILT as needed.
- Convert instructor-led training programs to Web-based self-study modules.
- Develop paper-based and online job aids, tutorials, and other performance support tools.
- Perform quality control reviews of developed training and performance support content.
- Create Web-based training evaluations and surveys.
- Compile and analyze training evaluations to make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Deliver training programs in traditional and virtual classroom (webinar) formats.
- Support planning and delivery of annual Leadership Conference.
- Provide support in managing user accounts and offerings on the company’s internal and external
- Learning Management System.
- Coordinate with corporate systems and security teams regarding the administration of the Learning Management System and other Talent Management System functions.
- Implement, and integrate new and existing learning technologies and systems (e.g., ILT, vILT, online learning, Webcasts, authoring tools, Mobile, Social, Video, etc.
- Provides effective project intake and management with development of project plans including key milestones and deliverables. Reports and updates leadership leveraging tools as appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day curriculum management and maintenance activities.
- Facilitate and deliver classes as appropriate and necessary to key populations including our Supervisors, Managers, and Leaders.
- Contribute to the planning, configuration, testing, and launch/implementation of a new learning management system supporting the corporate university, MAXU.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Learning and Development with strong eLearning development experience.
- Strong knowledge of instructional systems design; training analysis, design, development, delivery, and management.
- Traditional ILT, Virtual ILT, Online Learning, learning partnerships, etc. Ability to convert high-level requirements and into a storyline and create eLearning outputs.
- Proficiency in graphics and multimedia development applications such as PhotoShop or PaintShop Pro, Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Storyline
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrates the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and tasks. Align resources to ensure priorities with multiple deadlines are met.
- Quickly adapts to new business needs and strategies, flexible in alignment and approach based on market trends.
- Demonstrated experience in the creative and innovative application of technology for business change
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills, and the ability to translate data into insightful conclusions
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees as well as superior facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-quality
- In addition, the prior supervisory experience is a plus. Strong analytical and organizational skills. Travel required—25%.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, instructional design, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Education, or equivalent relevant experience required
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.