Job Title: Software Engineer
Job location: Merrimack, NH
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
As Principal Software Engineer - API Management you will work within API management platform team to focus on enabling API platform for enterprise. You will be reporting to the Lead of the API management team. This role is focused on hands-on development and delivery, which requires a combination of both strong technical and influencing skills, as well as participation in architecture, design and analysis activities.
The API Management Team, part of the Enterprise Cloud Computing Group, is responsible for the design, implementation and development of the Enterprise API Management Platform Our mission is to enable application teams to deploy and manage their APIs in the cloud friction-free through automation with integrated security and testing
- Identifying functional & non-functional requirements that are not currently met by the required capabilities and advocate solutions to address these gaps. Applying appropriate approaches to assessing trade-offs among architectural goals
- Implementing commit, acceptance and release capabilities from roadmap across API management with reference pipeline
- Actively participating in planning, definition, design & integration of pipeline services releases working with other BU SMEs/Architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
- Leading and presenting technical solutions (e.g. POC) and the underlying business requirements that drove its development and value provided; assessing the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution in such a way that the recommendations and findings are appropriate and can be implemented across at scale across the company
- Working closely with internal ECC teams in technology selection, evaluation, policy recommendation and configuration and provide appropriate pipelines to address deployment patterns needed
- Participating in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group as well as implementing a strong internal DevOps process
- Actively monitoring and participating in external IT resources and communities and sharing knowledge with various architect communities
- Participating in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization; driving resolution to technical issues; lead and perform impact analysis
- Coaching and mentoring the technical team on IT Product/Application Strategy and Architecture
- Building relationships with development teams with quick alignment of value and understanding of the business and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus
- 8+ years of experience in full life cycle application development
- Understanding principles, best practices and trade-offs of API based design patterns
- Solid Understanding of various programming languages
- Hands-on experience in application deployment automation and pipelines
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- In-depth understanding of API security patterns with working knowledge of user management, oAuth, JWT and other network and security schemes.
- Experience executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum)
- Working experience with Drupal 7 and 8, strong on module design and feature implementation.
- Working experience on designing and implementing Drupal workflows and publishing process
- Working experience of Drupal integration with external systems, such as SSO or SNOW.
- Working knowledge of Apigee a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure or Cloud Foundry a plus
Job Type: Contract
- software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: