- Software Development
LASTLINE, THE COMPANY:
Lastline, Inc. provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Lastline's technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide.
Lastline is committed to delivering the industry's best advanced malware detection and protection. You will work on and impact global real-world problems in the cybersecurity space. As the QA and Release Manager, you will be responsible for the quality and successful delivery of Lastline products. You will lead overall quality initiatives and drive the end-to-end release process, collaborating closely with leadership teams from various functional areas (Development, Product Management, Technical Support). You will also be responsible for the day to day management of the QA and Release team, including hiring and mentoring. This is a role that will require both hands-on and people management skills. You will report to the SVP of Engineering.
The successful candidate will have curiosity and passion for delivering best in class products, ensuring customer success in addition to the following:
- Experience as a QA Engineer including developing test automation
- Experience as a Release Engineer
- Proven ability to manage both people and projects
- Experience as a lead of 5 or more individuals
- Experience building and growing teams
- Experience working with network monitoring and debugging tools
- Solid Agile style project experience
- Hands on Python, Puppet, Jira, and Jenkins or experience with equivalent technology.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience using version control systems like git
- Solid understanding of deb (Debian/Ubuntu) packages, their build process or experience with equivalent systems.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Lastline delivers both a hosted service and enterprise on-premise software. You will have had experience with both delivery styles
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience
The following skills and experience are not required but will strengthen a candidate's position:
- Documentation or Technical Publications experience
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems or Relational Databases
- Experience in Cyber Security is prefered
- Experience with SonarQube and similar code quality measurement tools
- Experience with Docker
- Training as a Scrum Master or in Agile
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual who is self-motivated in their work and career. If this sounds like a match for you and what you are looking for, please apply. We'd love to hear from you!
You will be based out of our Santa Barbara Office, relocation provided
You will work with some of the world's leading experts in cybersecurity. Our team values excellence, continuous innovation, getting stuff done quickly, transparent communication, and a friendly work environment. This position will be based out of our Santa Barbara Office and may require some travel to our other offices.