- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- 3+ years of experience as a case manager using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility and establishing/executing a case management plan
- Knowledge of federal or state Leave and Disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Disability & Leave Services Team.
Amazon’s Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team in the Amazonian Experience and Technology (AET) organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. To support this growth globally, DLS is driving to redesign our processes and tools for service globalization and infinite scalability, requiring strong subject matter experts to help us achieve this goal.
DLS Sr. Specialists on the Leave Specialist Resource Team are deep subject matter experts with demonstrated expertise in statutory disability plans, short- and long-term disability, disability accommodation (ADA/ADAAA/FEHA, etc.) and/or Federal/State leaves of absence (FMLA). They are highly skilled in sensitive case management oversight, answering complex questions, understanding the employee’s situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paving the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. They actively support and promote an environment of collaboration and consultation between customers and the DLS organization. The position collaborates with key business stakeholders and DLS program leaders to ensure specialized leave policy programs are successful across the organization.
- Address and respond to sensitive, confidential and/or escalated situations (e.g. legal requests, executive escalations, business continuity responses)
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for specialized leave and disability cases offering real-time support to DLS customers
- Lead group and one-to-one consultation sessions about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to Amazon employees
- Critically assess and adjust case management plans to an employee’s changing needs
- Conduct individual, site or regional leave/accommodation/disability deep dives and analysis
- Collaborate with legal and compliance stakeholders on regulatory/employment liability issues as they relate to complex cases and/or policy development with leave, disability and/or accommodation
- Act as the Point of Contact for DLS senior leadership on escalated, time-sensitive matters
- Identify and solve problems, sometimes with limited information
- Identify process and/or performance deficiencies and implement improvement plan
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Build trust and confidence in the DLS team through proactive stakeholder interactions
- Ability to work from Amazon Operations Locations at least 4 days a month
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Vocational Rehabilitation, or related field
- Experience with global service and employee delivery
- Experience leading projects focused on process improvement and service integration
- Experience providing guidance to employees, managers and HR partners regarding leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
- 1+ year of experience responding to escalated leave/disability matters
- SPHR, PHR, CLMS and/or CPDM
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstarted customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.