The homedepot.com intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience working with a number of leaders on projects that impact the online business of one of the world's leading retailers. During a 10 - 12 week period, interns will be assigned to a functional team such as user experience, digital content, creative, interactive marketing, project management, mobile, data science, analytics or product management to learn day-to-day operations and overall comprehension of the online business at the Home Depot's corporate office. When you submit your resume, please include in your cover letter the top three areas of interest where would prefer to work for the summer.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager or Team Lead
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 01
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Excellent academic performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Creative and innovative
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented