Kimley-Horn is looking for a hands-on Land Development business development practice builder to join our Charleston office. This individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for a local Land Development practice. The practice builder will lead the business development effort and manage the relationship with key clients. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. The successful candidate will have a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business.
Leadership responsibilities include:
operating with integrity and sound business principles, providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a Land Development practice. This person will be expected to manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff, grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role model.
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to; meeting or exceeding client expectations, identifying and tracking leads, making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of work, establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided.
With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to ownership.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a Land Development consulting practice in Charleston area
- Minimum 10 years’ experience designing retail, commercial, industrial or healthcare land development projects.
- Candidates should have hands on experience in business development, project management and staff mentoring and training
- Candidates should possess strong working relationships with developers, attorneys, land planners and counties, municipalities, and other state and local agencies
- Professional engineer registration required