Merakey is currently looking for an ACT Case Manager Housing Specialist to join our Harrisburg, PA Team.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential. With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee .
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- This position shares in the responsibility of carrying out rehabilitation and support functions and assisting in treatment, substance abuse services, education, support and consultation to families and crisis intervention services under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees
- Coordinate and implement housing needs/services
- Assist individuals in the procurement of safe and affordable housing and related necessities (utilities, furniture, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with local housing vendors. These include:
- Private landlords, the local housing authorities, personal care homes, and other providers that offer housing to the consumers
- Manage and facilitate referrals to housing providers in community
- Responsible for creating new housing opportunities within community and maintaining contact with landlords and residential providers
- Arrange and coordinate with moving companies and or vendors as needed
- Meet with potential housing vendors to talk about the consumers, their needs, and what the ACT program can and does offer so that there is a clear picture of what the vendor can expect if housing if offered
- Coordinate and support arrangements for lease agreements, security deposits, financial subsidies and or rental and homeowner's insurance
- Complete any, and all paperwork necessary for someone to receive a housing voucher, be placed on a housing list, or receive housing assistance.
- Keep abreast of any local and state housing initiatives, changes and opportunities for the consumers.
- Provide education and problem solving for household safety issues.
- Work with payee (if applicable) with regards to housing expenses and when there is a change in housing to connect or disconnect utilities as needed
- Liaison between the individual and the landlord to discuss/resolve any issues and concerns
- Ensure all consumer who are in supportive living programs are linked with a housing authority and are placed on the waiting list
- Participate in treatment planning meetings
- Collaborate with ACT members and consumer's natural supports to work towards identifying goals that will help in the housing process
- Assist in providing ongoing assessments of the individual's mental illness and symptoms as well as responses to treatment
As Assigned ITT Team Member
Rate of pay:
- Complete the ITT Treatment Plan Worksheet with the ITT, consumer and identified natural supports
- Develop comprehensive treatment plan for assigned primaries
- Use Measurable Outcome Tool as reference
- Begin review of the individual Crisis/Wellness plan with ITT
- Develop/modify consumer schedule as needed
- Update all necessary releases with individual (prior to expiration)
$17.41 /hour + Monthly mileage reimbursement
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Antigone.Chafford@merakey.org.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Bachelor's degree in human service field. 1-3 years experience in mental health field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled