Potential up to $300,000 through commission based sales.
A Kansas City based General Contractor is seeking to hire an experienced and driven, career focused individual for our position of Outside Sales Associate.
We are a full-service general contractor specializing in the renovation of multi-family residential, hospitality and health care facilities as well as commercial tenant finish projects.
Candidates will need to be experienced in construction and renovation as well as developing and maintaining customer relations. This position will be responsible to prospect new clients by networking, and cold calling as well as other means of generating interest from potential clients.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain business relationships with property managers and owners.
- Strategically plan customer visits to cultivate relationships.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences and provide information back to management about market and creative trends.
- Design and submit detailed weekly progress reports
- Implement marketing strategies and tactics through the following:
- Working closely with estimators and project managers in order to maintain continuous knowledge of project progress.
- Reporting to Senior Managers regarding account activity.
- Maintain customer relationship management database of client contacts and their applicable information.
- Work with clients via phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Perform marketing research and compose reports reflecting findings.
- Manage inventory of promotional products.
- Maintain calendar of marketing events as well as all presentations, meetings and other events surrounding the acquisition of projects.
- Proven history of successful record in sales.
- Experience in construction and business development/sales
- Exceptional interpersonal communications and public speaking.
- 3 years of experience in sales and/or marketing.
- Must be highly skilled in technology and computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must have a high level of urgency, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to demonstrate poise, initiative, tact and diplomacy
- Be able to sit for long periods of time in front of computer.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time in all seasons of weather.
- Be able to drive for long periods of time.
- Be able to work more than 40 hours a week when required.
- Ability to travel for up to 5 days at a time or longer in the future.
- Must pass background check and must have acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR)
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $0.00 to $300,000.00 /year
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)