- High School Diploma or GED
- Office Experience
- Microsoft Office
Provide administrative support to the staff in the Office of the Chaplain and Niebuhr Center. This will include supporting the first-year experience, rituals of the college, worship, lectures, events and programs, student organizations, various committees and the work with national church organizations including the United Church of Christ.
Salary Grade O05 Essential Functions
1. Provide administrative support for Chaplain and other staff in the Chaplain’s Office. Tasks include:
a) Preparation of correspondence, maintain calendars, answer phones/messages.
b) Maintain files.
c) Order supplies, arrange meetings, travel.
d) Process purchases, expense reports and reimbursement requests.
e) Monitor multiple budgets related to the office.
f) Supervise, hire and train student employees.
2. Provide administrative support for the work of the National Church Associates. Tasks include:
a) Works with the Office of Admission to assist in the welcome of UCC students at Elmhurst College.
b) Work with chaplain to make arrangements for EC attendance at Synod and National Youth Event.
c) Assist with planning annual UCC Confirmation Day.
d) Prepare Board of Trustee report on UCC relations.
3. Assists in the planning of events and programs, to include attendance at those events. Some functions require presence at evening and weekend events.
4. Provide support to student organizations related to the work of the Chaplain’s Office.
5. Working with faculty members, plan annual trip to Washington DC for Holocaust Education program.
6. Work with external constituents for Holocaust Education, Interfaith and religious denominational programs.
7. Organize events for the ritual and worship life of the campus, including Lessons and Carols, Religious Holidays, Worship services, annual commemoration service and Baccalaureate.
8. Work with affinity groups and other offices on campus in planning of the 150th Anniversary of the college.
9. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
10. Support mission, vision, and values.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. 3-4 years office experience.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
3. Experience planning and monitoring budgets.
4. Knowledge of and commitment to the ideals of the United Church of Christ and interfaith relationships.
5. High school graduate.
6. Good interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to work independently.
7. Able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all constituents.
10. Friendly, resourceful attitude and a willingness to learn; team player.
Preferred Qualifications Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
Work Hours Posting Date 08/04/2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide three references in “other” document, including: names, phone numbers, emails, relationship to reference (e.g. supervisor, colleague, direct report, etc.).
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.