Affiliate Faculty, Sim & Skills
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
05/31/2023 - 1 month to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Affiliate Simulation/Skills Laboratory faculty provide all aspects of the teaching-learning process for a course section and work under the direction of the Skills or Simulation Lab Coordinator and assigned course faculty, for a specific course.
Affiliate Simulation/Skills Laboratory faculty assume responsibility with assigned course faculty and Simulation or Skills Laboratory Coordinator in guiding student learning and have ongoing responsibility for evaluating student learning in the laboratory setting.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a CV/resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet to access the internal jobs site. When submitting your resume - include skills such as blood administration, trach care, wound care, chest tubes, central lines, blood draws, using a lift, patient transfers (body mechanics), tube feeds, NG tube insertion, cath insertion, IV starts, suctioning/oxygen therapy, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees the attainment of simulation or skills competencies for students in the laboratory setting.
- Maintains current clinical competency.
Evaluates student performance in the assigned laboratory setting.
- Maintains and submits an updated curriculum vitae (CV) or resume as required.
- Follows direction of the course faculty and appropriate laboratory coordinator regarding the adoption of teaching approaches to achieve academic program outcomes.
- Completes all training as directed by the LHSON.
- Applies principles of adult learning and evidence-based practice.
- Reviews assignments submitted by students for accuracy and completeness as directed.
Evaluates students' performance in the laboratory setting.
Adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that protects the privacy of student educational records.
- Works closely with course faculty and appropriate laboratory coordinator when a student's performance places the student at risk for failure or needs improvement.
- Provides timely feedback to students on their progress.
- Communicates concerns about non-academic student issues to the course faculty and appropriate laboratory coordinator.
- Takes initiative to support course faculty in managing student flow through various lab stations.
Maintain current health requirements, training, licensures and certifications on file with the Loretto Heights School of Nursing.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: No set schedules
- Must have a Masters or Doctoral degree or have a BSN with the ability to provide a written plan with Regis and the CO Board of Nursing to obtain a master's or higher degree in nursing.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in the assigned clinical specialty area or experience with assigned skill areas.
- Current Colorado RN license in good standing.
- Experience in a clinical or laboratory teaching role (preferred).
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment.
- Experience and/or commitment to promote an inclusive faculty, staff, and student environment.
0-39 lab hours, no more than 12 hours in a day
0.00, per diem position, no benefits except tuition reimbursement (some exclusions apply)
Benefits-eligible for workers' compensation and will receive 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
$37.00 / hour commensurate with qualifications.
To apply, visit https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RegisUniversity/job/Northwest-Denver-Campus/Affiliate-Faculty-Sim-Skills_R003187.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.