Registered Nurse (RN) – Full-Time Nights – Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit for Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Fast growing L&D unit is looking for top skilled nurses. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 800 West Randol Mill Rd. Arlington, TX 76012
Work hours: Full-time, Night Shift, 36 hours weekly, 3-12 hours shifts, 6:45 pm – 7:15 am– Self-Scheduling
L&D Department highlights:
- L&D Unit with an average of 130 deliveries a month
- Level III NICU
- Magnet Designated
- Wide range of patients and plan of care – nitrous oxide, midwifery, and high-risk patients
- Self-scheduling with no call
- OB Hospitalist onsite 24/7
- Culture that emphasizes empowerment of nurses with leadership and potential financial support to participate in educational opportunities (conferences, in-services, certifications, school)
Here’s What You Need
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma required; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
- ACLS – within 90 days of hire
- NRP – within 90 days of hire
- 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required
- 1 year of RN experience in L&D strongly preferred
What You Will Do
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
- Assesses the patient
- Plans the care of the patient
- Intervenes as appropriate
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
- Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
- Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health employee
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
At Texas Health Arlington Memorial we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 369-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1958. Our location in central Arlington provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Acute Heart Failure Center and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Arlington Memorial is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, a Cycle III Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Explore our Texas Health careers sitefor info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awardswe’ve won and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $57.07 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan forgiveness
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Pet insurance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Arlington, TX 76012: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Required)
Work Location: In person