Global Controller for Tier 1 automotive supplier with state of the art manufacturing operations in US, Canada, and Mexico. This corporation works in conjunction with all automotive OEMs and have one of the deepest customer bases around. With advancing product lines and increasing sales we are looking to fill this critical position with a creative and high-energy leader.
- Responsible for global supervision over the consistency, accuracy and timeliness of all accounting, cost accounting, cost estimating, and fiduciary compliance functions.
- Provide and maintain a global general ledger system as well as the supporting sub-ledgers; implementation and maintenance of a financial reporting system; and supervision of the monthly closing / global consolidation process.
- Provides leadership in the creation and implementation of accounting policies and procedures that insure the safeguarding of shareholder assets and timely and accurate reporting of all liabilities, and for implementing systems and controls to insure compliance to those company policies and jurisdictional statutory requirements.
- Works to identify, resolve, and document solutions for various accounting issues and develops and implements processes to make the accounting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Responsible for the integrity of global billing systems; establishing global processes for, and supervision of, the functions of accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, liability accounting / accruals and account reconciliations.
- Duties include establishing the procedures for the valuation of, and control over, all inventories.
- Responsible for the preparation of U.S. quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and for working with the foreign accounting teams to insure they are adhering to local statutory reporting, tax compliance (including VAT and customs duties) and tax return preparations. This also includes proper accounting for income tax and other tax liabilities as well as deferred tax assets and liabilities as applicable.
- Responsibilities over all global activities and work in a mentoring / oversight role with the NAFTA Controller and Regional Controllers.
- Responsible to insure consistency of globally applied accounting systems, standards, and practices. All locations the same, no exceptions.
- Develop the closing schedule / processes for cutting off the various business transactions.
- Provide for the monthly accounting close and consolidation.
- Oversee development, implementation, and maintenance of global accounting system with common chart of account.
- Provide support as needed for the preparation of annual budgets.
- Prepare work papers for, and management of, the annual audit.
- Prepare work papers supporting accounting for income taxes, preparation of tax returns, and review of annual tax returns with outside CPA firms.
- Establish the processes for the valuation of and accounting for inventories, including development of standard costs and procedures for providing appropriate reserves.
- Preparation of work papers supporting monthly close process and month end balances including preparation, review, and recording of journal entries to reflect proper monthly business activity.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and related footnotes.
- Supervision for the proper invoicing for goods and services.
- Provide for timely payment of all suppliers of goods and services including earned commissions and legal / professional fees.
- Support asset acquisition / disposition activity and provide proper accounting control over same.
- Maintain reporting records and execute payments for all leases, licenses, royalty, and other special payment agreements.
- Maintain records for retirement accounts (e.g. 401-K Plan).
- Review of all inter company transactions and reconciliation of inter company balances including expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities.
- Management over Transfer Pricing policies across all businesses and for tax compliance.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records.
- Coach / mentor / guide Regional Controllers in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as product costing, rate development, invoice processing, closing processing, and other accounting / costing matters so that all locations report the same things the same way.
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Proper analytical review of material accounts as they relate to accuracy of the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow and from an overall business perspective.
- 15 years+ experience in accounting and finance disciplines within manufacturing business
- Bachelors in accounting
- MBA and CPApreferred
- Minimum 7 years accounting and finance leadership experience in manufacturing business including development of costs and management of inventory
- Minimum 5 years' experience global responsibilities or foreign assignment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Controller position or higher responsibilities
- Audit Experience with "Big Four" or national accounting firm - preferred.
- Experience in supervising tax return prep and tax accounting
- Global travelrequired to ~20%.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $190,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- Global Controller: 7 years (Preferred)