- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a completed degree by July 2020
- Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environment
- Proactive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player
- Strong oral and written communication
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience analyzing data to support decision making
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word)
Amazon is looking for smart, analytical, and customer-obsessed undergraduates to help build a world-class shopping experience and serve as the leadership pipeline for our rapidly growing global retail business in the Retail Undergraduate Program.
This program provides an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Amazon for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, eager to drive a business, and an effective communicator and problem-solver. In this role , you will be accountable for the business results of your vendors and product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of a product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, setting prices, developing marketing programs, inventory management, product launches, and conducting detailed analysis to identify growth opportunities driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences. You will play a critical role in managing strategic and established brands to drive profitability and topline performance for your category. Retail Undergraduate Program roles are in the General Management career path at Amazon. The general management career path offers the opportunity for advancement into a variety of leadership roles including Marketing/Merchandising, Vendor Management, Product Management and Inventory Management.
As part of the Retail Undergraduate Program, you will join a cohort of recent graduates in July 2020 and be supported not only by leadership, but also by a strong network of tenured program participants who were hired in prior years. To help you hit the ground running, program hires participate in a comprehensive onboarding experience and formalized training to supplement on-the-job learning. You will also have access to career guidance and coaching on an ongoing basis. The members of this community are enthusiastic and able to help you grow professionally while encouraging you to have fun in this fast-paced and exciting environment. This is an ideal entry point to launch your career!
- Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level
- Internship experience in: management consulting, investment banking, tech, or brand management at a leading consumer packaged goods company.
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities, and relationship or account management experience
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience communicating effectively at all levels of an organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon does not provide immigration sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas, for these roles.
When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.