As an Autonomous Systems Developer you will:
- Develop methods to integrate task planning and scheduling into
autonomous spacecraft systems.
- Assess technologies for the development of advanced autonomous task execution.
- Develop methods to ensure plans respect resource constraints.
- Develop technology to enable large scale, distributed task planning and scheduling for highly autonomous systems.
- Work with Flight Software experts to integrate planning technologies into flight critical software.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business
needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five
(5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four (4) years of
progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline.
- Experience with constrained task planning or scheduling algorithms, such as Mixed Integer Linear Programming (MILP).
- Experience with complex distributed systems.
- Experience using task planning, scheduling, and task execution technologies on cyber physical systems.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- NASA software and systems development standards.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.