The Safety Coordinator supports the safe and effective operation in support of overall goals at Insulating Services, Inc. The Safety Coordinator is responsible to conduct inspections, make recommendations, and ensure safety policies and established protocol are followed by field staff. Position must be comfortable addressing issues, using tact and professional communications, to eliminate and reduce risks. Position serves as a liaison for safety among customers, employees, and Insulating Services Safety Department. Position will be responsible to conduct safety inspections to verify safe conditions, identify unsafe conditions, and recommend corrective measures to stakeholders.
This position is expected to demonstrate pride in work assignments by following all established policies, procedures, work rules, and Standards of Conduct. All positions at ISI are part of the company’s “Value Chain”. The effective and efficient execution of the day-to-day tasks impacts the profitability of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct weekly safety toolbox talks with crews and complete daily required documents such as Job Safety Analyses, JSA (AHA/ JHA/ etc).
- Conduct regular inspections of equipment, including PPE or safety devices, to ensure safe operation. When conditions are unsafe or equipment is damaged, coordinate with Safety Department to take appropriate action.
- Coordinate with supervisors and management to communicate crew safety measures.
- Uphold company and site-specific safety policies by addressing unsafe practices or conditions with Safety Department.
- Participate and represent Insulating Services in safety walks, inspections, or other safety related discussions with our customers and vendors.
- Communicate directly and professionally with site supervisors, Safety Director, and other stakeholders regarding safety violations, recommendations, and decisions in a respectful manner.
- Investigate and document safety violations, accidents, injuries and near misses. Make recommendations and implement outcomes to support prevention or risk mitigation.
- Three years of related work experience
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish, preferred.
- OSHA 510 Certification
- Ability to travel 100% of the time, including daytime and overnight travel.
Job Types: Temporary, Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road